Advisory Council for Aviation Research and Innovation in Europe - ACARE, with the aim of becoming the leader of aviation around the world, has initiated with 'European Aviation: 2020 Vision' report. ACARE continues its activities under the scope of Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda - SRIA. This agenda provides the aviation under the command of public, while it targets to reduce gas emissions and noise levels. The focus point is to direct European research nationally and continentally.
The members of ACARE includes stakeholders such as member states, industry representatives, airlines, aerodromes, service providers, research establishments, and universities.
High Level Group on Aviation Research has determined a vision called Fligthpath 2050 with contributions from ACARE.
ACARE's fundamental vision has been determined under Vision 2020 document as the following: despite expected 3 fold increase in air traffic, air vehicles and air transport systems could meet the expectations of public.
1. Responding to Societal Needs:
- Quality and Affodability
- European Air Traffic Management System
2. Keeping Global Leadership
- Maintaining Number One Position Around the World
3. Establishing Suppotive Public Policies and Legislation
- Air Vehicle
4. Determination of Research Agenda
- Transformation of Air Travel
- Air Vehicles of the Tomorrow
- Benefitting from Advanced Electronics
- Drawing the Key Pathway to be Followed
- On-time flights (99% of the flights having 15 minutes flight delay at max)
- The time spend on airport: spending 15 minutes at max before and after short-range flights
- Continuous decrease with reduction in management costs
- Pleasuring the passenger by distance between the seats, flexible seat options, business offices, and advanced communication
- 5 fold reduction in number of accidents when compared to global numbers
- Decreasing human faults dramatically
- Setting higher standards in flight education, aerodrome operations, and air traffic management
- Mutual working for reducing aviation's harmful effects
- Halving the noise levels
- Reducing the effect of noise via more silent aircrafts, more appropriate environmental planning, implementations of noise reducing procedures
- Halving the passenger-kilometer CO2 emissions that the produced CO2 when a passenger travels one kilometer
- Reduction of nitrogen oxide emissions 80%
- Establishing air traffic management systems with efficient use of European Sky during 24 hours a day, 16 millions flight per year
- Seamless air traffic management with Civil Global Satellite Systems
- Integration of airborne transport with multi-modal transport
- Completing industry elements with mutual working for industry priorities considering competitiveness and changing market conditions
- Reconciling civil and military research on the framework of common purposes
- Halving the time to market
- Encouraging comformity of European elements to market
Who can join ACARE?
European Commission, Directorate-Generals of European Commission, technology initiatives related with aviation (Clean Sky and SESAR), industrial corporations active in aerospace (like Dassault Aviation and Liebherr Aerospace), international authorities active in aviation (similar to Eurocontrol and IATA), airport operators (similar to Munich and Amsterdam Airports), leading aerospace reserach establishments (like DLR and NLR), universities (similar to Patras University), national aviation and transport authorities (Finland Transport Safety Agency, German Economic Relations and Energy Ministry) could be counted among ACARE members. In the order of getting more insight, you can investigate ACARE General Assembly Members document.
ACARE European Technology Platform's works include directing research, development, and innovation activities of European Aviation Sector and preparing necessary road maps, strategic research and innovation agendas, vision documents. ACARE takes a significant role during European Union Framework Programmes-funded projects' evaluation of added value to European Aviation.
- EU Elements: European Commission, Directorate-General of Research and Innovation, Clean Sky, SESAR, European Aviation Safety Agency - EASA
- Industry: Airbus Group, WSK PZL-Rzeszów SA , Dassault Aviation, INDRA, BAE Systems, Liebherr Aerospace, MTU, Thales, Alenia Aermacchi, Rolls-Royce, Safran,
- Air Transportation: International Air Transport Association-IATA, The European Organisation for the Safety of Air Navigation-Eurocontrol, Munich Airport, AENA Spanish Airports Association), DFS (Airport retailers), Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Research Centers: Netherlands Aerospace Centre - NLR, German Aerospace Center - DLR, The French Aerospace Lab - ONERA, European Aeronatics Science Network - EASN
- Energy: Royal Dutch Shell
- Representatives of Member States: Austrian Transport Research Innovation Ministry, Belgian Science Policy Office, Sofia Technical University, Cyprus Research Foundation, German Economic Relations and Energy Ministry, Danish Strategic Research Council etc.
Turkish Members of ACARE
How can be a member of ACARE
ACARE Roadmap Elements
Follow the link to reach the details for ACARE European Technolgy Platform.