European Aquaculture Technology and Innovation Platform (EATiP) is an international non-profit association dedicated to DEVELOPING, SUPPORTING and PROMOTING aquaculture and, especially and specifically, technology and innovation in aquaculture and aquaculture technology and innovation in Europe. EATiP was established in 2007 to support the required research and innovation for modern and developing Europe.
- In 2030, European aquaculture will be sustainable and globally competitive
- Aquaculture production will grow and diversify in Europe, following consumer and market demands, adapting to climatic and geographic circumstances, in harmony with nature and society
- By the year 2030, providing annually 4.5 Million tons of sustainable food products, worth €14 Billion, and supporting more than 150.000 direct jobs
- To study, develop, promote and defend the collective opinions of the research and innovation requirements
- To communicate these collective opinions to the appropriate authorities, entities and interests in Europe
- To identify and implement actions that will improve the competitiveness of professional European aquaculture and related industries
- To develop measures and structures that will improve the research, development and innovation framework conditions to support the sustainable development of European aquaculture
- To assist its members in the organization of their activities, notably by establishing the conditions for common study and providing associate administrative and support services
Who can join EATiP?
Professional companies, associations, federations and civil society organisations, RTD institutes/Universities, associate Members (individual persons), public bodies can become a member of European Aquaculture Technology and Innovation Platform (EATiP).
- Product quality, consumer safety and health
- Technology and systems
- Management of biological life cycle
- Sustainable animal feed
- Integration with environment
- Information management
- Aquatic animal health and welfare
- Socioeconomic management and administration
European Aquaculture Technology and Innovation Platform has 64 members all around Europe representing various expertise. A few leading members are as follows:
- AZTI-Tecnalia, Cetmar - Centro Tecnológico del Mar, CEVA - Centre d'Etude et de Valorisation des Algues, CIIMAR - Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research, CSIC - Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, University of Florence, University of Ghent, University of Nordland, University of Stirling, Institute of Aquaculture, University of Tromso, University Szent István, AKVA group ASA, Akvaforsk Genetics Center, Aquabiotech Group, Aqualine AS, AquaTT, BioMar A/S, DHI,Ferme Marine de Douhet, Grupo Tinamenor SL, Kefalonia Fisheries SA, Inve Technologies SA, Belgium
Turkish Members of EATiP
Among the 64 members of European Aquaculture Technology and Innovation Platform, 1 member is Turkish:
How can be a member of EATiP
Organizations can become a member of EATiP providing that they fit to the 4 different membership categories given below:
- Professional companies
- RTD institutes/Universities
- Associations, federations and civil society organizations
- Associate Members (individual persons)
Membership of EATIP - which is a registered non-profit Association - has the obligation of payment of an annual fee, on the basis of a system that is fixed and approved by the General Assembly, which is composed of EATIP member organizations. A member that does not honour its annual payment will be considered to have resigned. Members can resign at any time from EATIP.
To be a member of EATiP, membership application that can be accessed on 'How to become a member' website, needs to be filled properly.
For detailed information, you can click on European Aquaculture Technology and Innovation Platform website.