The European Green Vehicles Initiative Association (EGVIA) is one of the Public – Private Partnership established by European Commission. The main idea behind EGVIA is development of energy efficient alternative powertrains and propulsion systems within the scope of reducing both harmful effects of road transport to environment and dependency on fossil fuels.
Industry Group under EGVIA is shaping Horizon 2020 Smart, Green and Integrated Transport Green Vehicles (GV) Calls to great extent and those members of Industry Group are deemed to become succesful for GV calls. Some members of the industry group are automotive manufacturers like Centro Ricerche Fiat (CRF), Volvo, Volkswagen, Renault, MAN, Iveco, automotive suppliers similar to Valeo, Continental, Bosch , Magnetti Marelli, AVL, FEV, Ricardo, and other valuable engineering companies. In order to succeed in automotive calls, it is advised to become a member fo EGVIA.
The project portfolio which includes projects funded under EGVIA topics could be downloaded from here.
- Formalizing the activities of EGVIA’s industry members
- Determination of prioritized areas
- Promoting collaborating work within the scope of Public – Private Partnerships
- Dissemination of research results
- Suggestion of research topics to European Commission and European stakeholders benefitting from ERTRAC, EPoSS and Smart Grids European Technology Platforms.
- Creating European Union Framework Programmes Research, Innovation and Technology value chain with demonstration
Who can join EGVIA?
- Reflection of the issues like alternative light weight materials, alternative fuels, advanced materials and equipments, micro- and nanotechnologies, resource use for green vehicles on the basis of 2 wheel vehicle, passenger car, truck and bus, within the scope of resource efficiency, integration, module, system, vehicle and infrastructure.
- Unification of European Automotive sector synergy within the scope of environment friendly and resource efficient vehicles
- Preparation of road maps
- Organization of thematic workshops
Under the categories of automotive manufacturers, automotive suppliers, smart system industry, smart grid industry, research organizations, universities and common members, EGVIA has 85 members at total.
- Automotive Manufacturers (17)
Audi, BMW, DAF, Daimler, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ford, Iveco, Jaguar-Land Rover, KTM, MAN, PSA Group, Piaggio Group, Renault, Scania, TOFAŞ Türk Otomobil Fabrikası AŞ, Vokswagen, Volvo
- Automotive Suppliers (21)
AVL, Bosch, CIE Automotive, Continental, Delphi, Denso, ESI, FEV, Ficosa, Fraunhofer, Hidria, IFP Energies Nouvelles, Magnetti Marelli, Mondragon, Pininfarina, Ricardo, Schaeffler, Siemens, Teknia, Valeo, Voestalpine
- Smart System Industry (3)
Infineon, NXP Semiconductors, Siemens
- Smart Grid Industry (1)
- Research Organizations (16)
Austrian Institute of Technology, The French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission-CEA, CERTH - The Center for Research and Technolgy Hellas, Concawe, DLR, European Research Programme Consulting, Hexagon Studio, Applaus - IDIADA, IK4, SP Sweden, Sintef, Swerea, Technalia, TNO, Virtual Vehicle, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Universities (18)
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Chalmers University of Technology, Universitat Politecnica de Valencia, Czech Technical University in Prague, RWTH Aachen University-Institut für Kraftfahrzeuge, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, KU Leuven, Mondragon Unibertsitatea, Okan University, Politecnico di Milano, Politecnico di Torino, Sant'anna School of Advanced Studies - Pisa, Technische Universitat Darmstadt, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Universita degli Studi Firenze, Univerza v Ljubliani, The University of Warwick - High Value Manufacturing Catapult, Vrije Universiteit Brussels
- Associated Members (9)
ACEM - The Motorcycle Industry in Europe, CLEPA-European Association of Automotive Suppliers, EARPA-European Association of Automotive R&D Organizations, EUCAR-European Council for Automotive R&D, EUROBAT-Association of European Automotive and Industrial Battery Manufacturers, FEHRL-The Forum of European National Highway Research Laboratories, MOVEO, RECHARGE, Sernauto
Turkish Members of EGVIA
- TOFAŞ Turkish Automobile Factories Inc.
- Hexagon Studio
- Okan University
How can be a member of EGVIA
Basic prerequisities to become a member of EGVIA is provided below:
- Be a European Member or associated country
- Be an establishment performing research, development, demonstration, industrialization, and dissemination activities covering EGVIA activities
- Sharing and supporting EGVIA targets
- Adhered to Strategic Research Agenda and Road Map
- Be an active member of EGVIA-supporting European Technology Platforms
- Participating into Framework Programme projects
Membership fees vary between 1000-7000 Euro according to type of member organization, and in which category belongs. Candidates who meet the membership requirements are advised to communicate with Lucie Beaumel via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
EGVIA Roadmap Elements
For further information on EGVIA, please click the link.