European Road Transport Research Advisory Council (ERTRAC) is a European Technology Platform supported by European Commission active in road transport. ERTRAC components can be listed as below:
- General Assembly
- Board of Directors
- Working Groups
- Support Institute
ERTRAC visions are provided under ERTRAC Multi-Annual Implementation Plan for Horizon 2020 as listed below:
- Making aircraft, vehicles and vessels cleaner and quieter will improve environmental performance and reduce perceived noise and vibration
- Developing smart equipments, infrastructures and services
- Improving transport and mobility in urban areas
- A substantial reduction of traffic congestion
- Substantial improvements in the mobility of people and freight
- Developing and applying new concepts of freight transport and logistics
- Reducing accident rates and fatal casualties and improving security
- Global leadership for the European transport industry
- Socio-economic research and forward looking activities for policy making
- Secure, clean and efficient energy
- Industrial leadership
- Providing a strategic vision to European road transport researches
- Encouraging Public-Private Sector investment via road transport research and innovation
- Coordination of road transport research and innovation activities on regionwide, nationwide and Europe-wide scale
- Making EU Framework Programme Horizon 2020 implementation possible
Who can join ERTRAC?
Representatives from road transport sector like umbrella organizations, universities, member states and associated countries could become members of ERTRAC. Working Groups of ERTRAC are open to members of those associations/umbrella organizations.
ERTRAC road mapping, documentation, and strategic research and innovation activities are coordinated by Working Groups. Those Working Groups can be listed as below:
- Urban Transport
- Long Range Transport and Freight Transport
- Energy and Environment
- Safety and Security for Road Transport
- Competitiveness on Global Scale
- Connectivity and Automated Driving
You can reach ERTRAC Working Groups via this link.
ERTRAC is scoping all stakeholders performing road transport businesses including public and private sector establishments. You can access ERTRAC members via this link.
Some members are:
- RWTH Aachen University
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- DG Research
- DG Mobility and Transport
Turkish Members of ERTRAC
Automotive Technology Platform (Otomotiv Teknolojileri Platformu - OTEP) and The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) are representing Turkey in ERTRAC.
How can be a member of ERTRAC
Any individual member of ERTRAC has the privilege to join ERTRAC meetings and can contribute to ERTRAC Working Groups.
ERTRAC Roadmap Elements
Yoıu can insult to ERTRAC documents for detailed information.
Below links will direct you to which documents important among published by ERTRAC:
- ERTRAC Automated Driving Road Map
- Light and Heavy Vehicles Internal Combustion Engine and Drivetrain Technologies
- ERTRAC Horizon 2020 Implementation Plan
- ERTRAC Urban Transport Road Map