Forest-based Sector Technology Platform – FTP is a platform for Europe’s largest, and includes woodworking industries, pulp and paper industries and printing industries, as well as forest owners. It contributes some 8% of the EU’s total manufacturing added value, and sustainably manages forests covering 37% of the EU’s land area. The main goal of FTP is to gather key player in the forestry sector that has a critical importance for European Union.
Forest TP Vision
- Sustainable and secure raw material access
- The need of society e.g. substituting non-renewable products and fossil fuels
- The need of the consumers
- Renewal of the forest-based industry
Forest TP Mission
- Helping to mitigate the effects of climate change by absorbing large quantities of CO2
- Securing the availability of renewable raw materials, while supporting the multiple uses of forests and safeguarding biodiversity, through sustainable forest management
- Obtaining an economic and environmental balance in using forest biomass for products and energy, as well as substantially improving the forest industry’s energy-efficiency
- Providing products and services that respond to changes in society’s needs
- Developing and designing products that can be recycled, reused and finally converted to bio-energy
- Achieving a significant decrease in capital intensity and increasing production flexibility through process innovations
- Responding to new competition from other global regions
Who can join Forest TP?
The Forest-based Sector Technology Platform is a limited company under Belgium law (sprl). Thus membership to FTP is only possible if the applicant that is a confederation of the organizations employed in national forestry sector becomes a member of the founding confederations.
- Sustainable supply of feedstock
- Climate change
- Innovative production systems responsive to consumer demands
- Sustainable production of forest based products
As a consequence of the fact that FTP is established under Brussels law, Forest-based Sector Technology Platform has three founding members:
Turkish Members of Forest TP
Among the members of Forest-based Sector Technology Platform, there is no Turkish member.
How can be a member of Forest TP
It is possible to become a member of Forest-based Sector Technology Platform FTP by being a member of one of the founding members. In order to be a member of any of the founding members, the applicants must be a confederation of the organizations employed in national forestry sector.
For detailed information, you can click on Forest-based Sector Technology Platform website.