Photonics21 aims to establish Europe as a leader in the development and deployment of photonics technologies wihtin the various applications fields such as ICT, lighting, industrial manufacturing, life science, safety as well as in education and training
- To unite the majority of the leading photonics industries and relevant R&D stakeholders along the whole economic value chain throughout Europe.
- To establish Europe as a leader in the development and deployment of photonics technologies within the various applications fields such as ICT, lighting, industrial manufacturing, life science, safety as well as in education and training
- To coordinate photonics research and innovation priorities and provides input to the European research framework programme Horizon 2020
Who can join Photonics21?
Photonics-related companies and research institutions are invited to join Photonics21 and to implement the European photonics strategy.
Photonics technologies and its applications
Today Photonics21 has more than 2500 members. Some leading members are as follows:
Alctael Lucent Bell Labs, Aledia, CEA LETI, CSEM, Fraunhofer IPM, Ericsson, Hamamatsu Photonics, Holst Centre, Osram, Philips, Thales, Tyndall National Institute
Turkish Members of Photonics21
Akdeniz Üniversitesi, Ankara Üniversitesi, Beam Arge, Bilkent Üniveristesi, Eskişehir Osmangazi Üniversitesi, Gazi Üniversitesi, Koç Üniversitesi, Mikro-Tasarım, Nanotam, ODTÜ, Özyeğin Üniversitesi, TÜBİTAK MAM, TÜBİTAK BİLGEM
How can be a member of Photonics21
Photonics21 is based on a personal membership. Apart from networking and meeting photonics experts from all over Europe you can join up to two Photonics21 Work Groups and participate in developing photonics research and innovation priorities. Working Groups are listed below:
- WG1: Information and Communication
- WG2: Industrial Manufacturing and Quality
- WG3: Life Sciences and Health
- WG4: Emerging Lighting, Electronics and Displays
- WG5: Security, Metrology and Sensors
- WG6: Design and Manufacturing of Components ans Systems
- WG7: Photonics Research, education and Training
Photonics21 Roadmap Elements
Information provided through this page is compiled from Photonics21 Technology Platform's online documents, for further information please visit Photonics21 European Technology Platform's website