Deadline for applications: 6 February 2017
The ERA-Net “E-Rare” for research programmes on rare diseases has been extended to a third phase “E-Rare-3” (2014-2019) to further help in coordinating the research efforts of European countries in the field of rare diseases and implement the objectives of International Rare Disease Research Consortium (IRDiRC).
The following parties,
- Austrian Science Fund (FWF), Austria*
- Research Foundation Flanders (FWO), Belgium, Flanders
- Fund for Scientific Research - FNRS (F.R.S.-FNRS), Belgium, French-speaking community
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research – Institute of Genetics (CIHR-IG), Canada
- Fonds de recherche du Québec-Santé (FRQS), Québec (Canada)
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MEYS), Czech Republic
- Academy of Finland (AKA), Finland
- French National Research Agency (ANR), France
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Germany
- German Research Foundation (DFG), Germany
- General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT), Greece
- National Research, Development and Innovation Office (NKFIH), Hungary
- Chief Scientist Office of the Ministry of Health (CSO-MOH), Israel
- Italian Ministry of Health (MoH-IT), Italy
- State Education Development Agency (VIAA), Latvia
- National Centre for Research and Development (NCBiR), Poland
- Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding (UEFISCDI), Romania*
- National Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII), Spain*
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), Switzerland
- Netherlands Organization for Health Research and Development (ZonMw), The Netherlands
- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), Turkey
* Decision still pending
intend to open the tenth E-Rare joint call for funding multilateral research projects on rare diseases. The call is expected to be opened simultaneously by the parties in their respective countries.
The aim of the call is to enable scientists in different countries to build an effective collaboration on a common interdisciplinary research project based on complementarities and sharing of expertise, with a clear translational research approach. Projects shall involve a group of rare diseases or a single rare disease following the European definition i.e. a disease affecting not more than five in 10 000 persons in the European Community, EC associated states and Canada.
The research projects have to focus on hypothesis-driven use of multi-omic integrated approaches for discovery of disease causes and/or functional validation in the context of rare diseases.
There will be a two-stage submission procedure for joint applications: pre-proposals and full proposals. The call is scheduled to open on December 7, 2017. The deadline for submitting the pre-proposals is scheduled for February 6, 2018. An independent international Scientific Evaluation Committee will carry out a scientific evaluation according to specific evaluation criteria. Based on this central evaluation, selected consortia will be invited to submit a full proposal by mid May 2018 (deadline for full proposals: June 19, 2018).
For further information, please visit the www.e-rare.eu
For questions regarding the joint call please contact the Joint Call Secretariat:
Nika Ritsema, e-mail: email@example.com
Harald Moonen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonja van Weely, e-mail: email@example.com
Turkish applicants: For questions regarding national eligibility criteria and requirements for please contact the national contact person, Dr. Jale Sahin: firstname.lastname@example.org