A record grant of 3.4 million Euros to Turkish researchers under the Horizon 2020 Programme! With the momentum we have achieved since 2019, we managed to receive grants above the financial contribution share. Our success continues without slowing down.
For the first time, by returning 271.4 million euros via grants, Turkey's performance in the Horizon 2020 Programme has resulted in recieving grants exceeding the total amount of financial contribution for taking part in the programme. According to the call results published by the European Commission for the Horizon 2020 Programme "Future and Emerging Technologies" and "Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing" areas, 10 organizations in total were entitled to receive a total amount of 3.4 Million Euros in funding.
Within the scope of the project supported in the Horizon 2020 area of Future and Emerging Technologies under the 2020 call, a total of 334.625 Euros was received by the Turkish partner from the Eurpean Commission. The project, which was about Robotics, consisted of a consortium made up of 4 partners from 4 different countries in total. The project was successful in evaluations and was deemed eligible to recieve funding under the 2020 call. The Turkish partner within the consortium is the Middle East Technical University.
Under the Horizon 2020 Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing thematic area 2020 Call, 8 projects involving 9 different partners from Turkey were supported and within the scope of the supported projects, a total amount of 3.076.181.02 Euros in funding were granted from the European Commission. These were:
- A total of 120,631 Euros was awarded in a project on personalized medicine and digital health, in which Ege University was a partner.
- A total of 1.059.750 Euro grant was awarded in a project on health and care solutions of information technologies, in which the Ministry of Health of Turkey is a partner.
- In a project for the development of sustainable care solutions for multi-morbid elderly patients, in which the SRDC Company is a partner, a total of 530,250 Euros was awarded.
- A total of 132,500 Euros, 266,125 Euros and 93,937 Euros were awarded for a project on the improvement of city health applied jointly by Edirne Municipality, DEMİR INC. and the Zero Discrimination Association, respectively.
- Two of the supported projects are ERA-NET Cofund projects (TRANSCAN-3 and NEURON Cofund2), in which TUBITAK is involved as a stakeholder. From the two projects, a total of 453,842 Euros was awarded as a European Commission contribution to TUBITAK.
What is the Horizon 2020 Programme?
Horizon 2020 is a research and innovation programme with a budget of 80 billion Euros, run by the European Commission. Within the scope of Horizon 2020, projects in various areas that the European Commission has determined are eligible for applications to recieve funding under are supported. The coordination of the European Union's grant programme for R&D and Innovation activities in Turkey is carried out by TUBITAK.