The Joint Research Centre of the European Commission has opened a call to access JRC Research Infrastructures for Training and Capacity Building to the Nanobiotechnology Laboratory.
The call is addressed to JRC external users from universities, research or public institutions, or from Small-Medium-Enterprises (SME).
The JRC Nanobiotechnology Laboratory features state-of-the-art equipped facilities designed to foster interdisciplinary studies. A special emphasis lies on characterisation of nanomaterials, nanomedicines, microplastics, advanced materials and their interactions with biological systems, as well as on the detection, identification and characterisation of nanomaterials and microplastics in complex matrices.
Training and Capacity Building topics for the Nanobiotechnology laboratory
- Hands-on training on nanomaterials sizing using state of the art instrumentations such as Dynamic light scattering, Disk centrifuge sedimentation, asymmetric and sedimentation field flow fractionation with different detectors and analytical ultra-centrifuge.
- Introduction into commonly used in vitro assays for studying nanomaterial-cell interactions and highlighting pitfalls occurring during assay development due to the specific nature of nanomaterial (in vitro dosimetry, interaction of nanomaterial with cell reagents).
- Hands-on training on biomolecular interaction studies using surface plasmon resonance and quartz microbalance techniques.
- Hands-on Training on Raman spectroscopy, ellipsometry, electron microscopy and an introduction to surface chemistry analysis using XPS and/or ToF-SIMS.
- Hands-on Training on ICP-MS including single particle detection.
Access to JRC Research Infrastructures under the present Framework is free of charge. The costs of travel and subsistence related to the stay of Users at the JRC Research Infrastructure will be fully covered by the JRC.
Closure of the call: 03/06/2019
Please use this link for detailed information about the call.
Please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.