ERA Chairs is an initiative under Spreading Excellence and Widening Participation aiming to increase the attractiveness of the hosting country with respect to research excellence. It aims to employ an “excellent” researcher with respect to ERA Priorities and his/her team for 5 years in order for him/her conduct “excellent” research activities in the host instution.
The guiding principles of the ERA Chairs are:
- Hosting instution must be from a low performing/widening county like Turkey
- Approximately 10 projects, each 2.5 Milion Euro will be funded
- This is a Coordination and Support Action, thus R&D activities can’t be funded via this initiative
- There is an Emphasis on national funding support where infrastructure is necessary
- Proposals when applying the call will be based on a SWOT analysis
- ERA Chair Holder can be from any nationality
- Application must be alligned with Smart Specialisation or any other national strategic document
For more information please visit the website of ERA Chairs.