Female Empowerment in Science and Technology Academia
Start Date and End Date
01 January 2017
Istanbul Technical University
Project Web Page
In order to achive gender equality in Higher Education and Research,FESTA has focused:
- to ensure that change is implemented in the partner institutions through awareness raising for the individual and for the organization.
- to increase transparency and inclusivity in the formal and informal decision-making and communication processes in a research unit (team, department, faculty, etc.);
- to enable/create an enduring transformation of the organizational culture that should favor a more active participation of women in all the decision-making and communication processes
- to make visible the perceptions of excellence in hiring processes in science and engineering research institutions and how they affect gender imbalance
- to minimize the negative effect of gendered interactional patterns
- to gain a deeper understanding of resistance against structural change towards gender equality.
Tackling ‘grand’ or societal challenges
Industrial Innovation (including innovation in services as well as products and processes)
Research-influenced changes in policy, agenda-setting
The provision of Improved Public Goods
The improved exercise of professional skill
Human capital development
FESTA has been advancing women’s academic careers in two ways: 1) they will become more fully integrated in the community and therefore more motivated for an academic career and 2) the visibility of their specific value to the research community will be improved.It is aimed through the project that female researchers encouraged to staying and making a career in Academia, organizational environments where the competence of all employees are valued and fostered and a well-functioning working environment that welcomes a diverse group of employees at all levels.