- to achieve a resource – and water - efficient and climate change resilient economy and society,
- the protection and sustainable management of natural resources and ecosystems, and
- a sustainable supply and use of raw materials, in order to meet the needs of a growing global population within the sustainable limits of the planet's natural resources and eco-systems.
Broad lines of activities:
- Climate Action - Informed decisions for a climate-resilient low-carbon society
- Cultural Heritage - Engaging a new cultural heritage agenda for economic growth
- Earth Observations - Crucial info on climate, energy, natural hazards and other societal challenge
- Nature-Based Solutions - Providing viable solutions of natural ecosystems
- Ensuring and Sustaining Raw Materials
- Systemic Eco-Innovation (Circular Economy)- Generating and sharing economic and environmental benefits
Total budget of the field is 3.1 Billion Euro.