The JRC coordinates knowledge services to process science-based evidence to inform policy-makers and to provide tools and services for all EU policy areas  .
These are virtual entities, bringing together experts and knowledge from different locations inside and outside the European Commission. Their job is to inform policy-makers in a transparent, tailored and concise manner about the status and findings of the latest scientific evidence  .
Knowledge Centre for Bioeconomy 
A sustainable and circular bioeconomy needs coherent, evidence-based policies across different sectors enabled by a common and robust knowledge base. At this stage, European Commission’s Knowledge Centre:
- identifies and filters relevant information and makes it accessible.
- brings together researchers, policymakers and other experts in the field.
- analyses, synthesizes and communicates available evidence.
- enhances the knowledge base for policymaking.
Disaster Risk Management Knowledge Centre 
Better knowledge, stronger evidence and a greater focus on transformative processes and innovation are essential to improve our understanding of disaster risk, to build resilience and risk-informed approaches to policy-making, and contribute to smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. At this stage; the Disaster Risk Management Knowledge Centre (DRMKC):
- supports the translation of complex scientific data and analyses into usable information;
- provides science-based advice for DRM policies;
- provides timely and reliable scientific-based analyses for emergency preparedness and coordinated response activities;
- brings together existing initiatives contributing to the management of disaster risks.
Knowledge Centre for Food Fraud and Quality 
The Knowledge Centre for Food Fraud and Quality (KC-Food), provides and shares up-to-date scientific knowledge on food fraud and food quality issues. It coordinates market surveillance activities and operates early warning and information system for food fraud.
- Create formalised science/policy interface in support of initiatives for safe-guarding the quality of agri-food products and protecting the integrity of the food chain;
- Ensure knowledge sharing among different Commission departments, scientists and competent authorities in EU countries through a Community of Practice;
- Build collaboration with authorities in third countries.
Knowledge Centre for Global Food and Nutrition Security 
The Knowledge Centre for Global Food and Nutrition Security (KC-FNS) is supporting the EU global commitment to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition through a dedicated, reinforced science-policy interface and a fostered inter-policy dialogue.
The KC-FNS focuses on food insecure third countries. It brings to the fore the European Commission (EC) approach for eradicating hunger and malnutrition. It is gathering all the EC actions toward better food security and nutrition in food insecure third countries.
Knowledge Centre on Migration and Demography 
The European Commission's Knowledge Centre on Migration and Demography (KCMD) aims to provide independent scientific evidence for strengthening the Commission’s response to the opportunities and challenges related to migration, demography and related policies.
In strategic partnership with a number of Directorate Generals and services of the Commission, KCMD starts from the policy questions, maps and makes sense of existing knowledge, addresses knowledge gaps through its own research or in partnership with external organizations, and facilitates the uptake of its findings for EU policy makers and other stakeholders.
Knowledge Centre for Territorial Policies 
The Knowledge Centre for Territorial Policies (KCTP) is a new European Commission initiative on better knowledge management for sound EU policy making.
To strengthen the Commission’s overall support to territorial development, the KCTP aims to be the point of reference for Commission services and Member States on territorial and regional related issues.
It will allow for analytical and networking activities accompanied by a repository of relevant research and new initiatives to deepen knowledge and understanding.